Talent Management Business AnalystBookmark This
DescriptionThe Business Analyst, Learning Applications will join a team that are subject matter experts on the functional knowledge and business processes for the Learning applications as part of The Learning Organization's and Prudential's overall learning/talent management strategy. These applications include the enterprise learning management system, learning content management system, performance management application and succession planning application. This team will manage day to day activities associated with these systems and lead the business side of regular system maintenance and upgrade efforts. They will also support any large scale implementations.
The Business Analyst will, among other responsibilities, translate strategic and tactical initiatives of The Learning Organization and the larger enterprise into functional requirements that conform to the overall objectives for learning and talent management. This role will have demonstrated success in gathering and documenting functional and nonfunctional requirements, and will assist in prioritization and document traceability.
- Facilitating workshops to develop business requirements. Must ensure that requirements adequately support the functional components of the business. Upon completion, will work with the business to verify proposed changes to the system and obtain sign-off.
- Supporting verifications, quality assurance and development activities, as well as performing data mining and report generation.
- Analyzing business requests for feasibility and collaborating with key business personnel based upon processes, procedures and workflow to make recommendations based upon findings.
- Conducting detailed analysis of current and future needs.
- Seeking, obtaining, monitoring and analyzing feedback from the business users to improve systems, process and reporting.
- Gathering information needed for business reporting requests and establishing the business requirements needed to properly extract data.
- Coordinating user acceptance testing and provide guidance for users through the UAT process.
- Providing application support for our Enterprise LMS as well as elearning authoring tools, virtual classroom applications, social networking tools, and performance management and succession planning applications.
- Developing strong business relationships and act as a liaison between business user community and HR Technology team.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
- Five years experience developing Business Requirements Documents and Functional specifications.
- Subject matter expert in the learning and talent applications with experience in learning management systems; experience with succession planning and performance management applications preferred.
- Experience developing use cases and process flow charts
- Demonstrated ability to lead business requirement sessions and translate application ideas and issues with peers and IT management.
- Demonstrated ability to drive to achieve results and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to develop and sustain strong, credible relationships
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across several project assignments, while producing quality results.
- Demonstrated excellent oral, listening and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Software Development Methodology preferred.