Tax AnalystBookmark This
Prudential Financial is seeking a motivated individual to join the Tax Department. The position requires a team player that is highly organized, responsive, and extremely flexible and has the ability to handle multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results.
The Tax Analyst can either work in The Company or Product Tax unit, as described in the paragraphs that follow. This is a high visibility position that requires individuals who can effectively interact with all levels of management. This position provides excellent opportunities for growth and development. It is ideal for an individual with the right skill set, who is energetic, motivated, creative, and proactive.
The Company Tax area of the Tax Department is responsible for supporting the domestic and international tax compliance and financial reporting for insurance non-insurance companies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to GAAP financial reporting and analysis of taxes, partnering with Business Units to implement and design tax planning strategies and transactions, preparation and review of Federal, International, State and Local Tax Compliance and recommendations of improvements to compliance processes. Certain positions include State and Local Tax Compliance (which consist of Sales Use, Personal Property, Municipal Tax Returns and Annual Reports).
Qualifications for Company Tax:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, economics or other related business disciplines required
- CPA and/or Masters degree in tax or accounting a plus
- Corporate Tax experience (3-4 years), financial services sector is preferred with life insurance expertise a plus
- Strong GAAP accounting for taxes: ASC-740/FAS 109/FIN48
- Proficient in CorpTax Compliance Software a plus
The Product Tax area of the Tax Department is responsible for ensuring that federal and state tax rules related to Prudential?s products are interpreted properly and applied consistently across the Company. Product Tax works in partnership with the business groups to develop tax risk management strategies, processes and standards in accordance with best practices. This position is responsible for working on a team to ensure compliance with non-qualified and qualified tax laws/regulations related to one or more of our Annuities, Individual Life, Group Life, Asset Management and Retirement businesses. The scope of this position may expand to include supporting any of these Prudential businesses in the future. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to supporting product and systems development and enhancements and performing and documenting tax based risk analysis. This position requires participation on business project teams on a range of matters, including the implementation of new products and complying with new legal or regulatory requirements. This position also requires the ability to manage relationships with business partners and respond to product tax related questions and complaints.
Qualifications for Product Tax
- Associates Degree and legal or compliance experience preferred
- Ability to identify, evaluate and manage product tax risks within the Business
- Familiarity with the tax attributes of insurance, annuities or retirement plans a plus
- Understanding of business operations and systems a plus
Additional Knowledge/Skills for both area:
- Demonstrates initiative and drive for results in approach to assignments
- Ability to perform research in multiple resources (manuals, on-line)
- Understanding of financial service companies including insurance, investments, and asset management a plus
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid PC skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure
- Ability to learn and adapt to change a plus
- Strong work ethic and able to partner in a team-oriented environment
- Organized and flexible - ability to manage multiple projects/assignments, while meeting deadlines
- Proven leadership track record strongly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills a plus
- Extended hours will be required in Company Tax, especially during peak periods
- Outside candidates are being considered
- Travel to other Prudential locations may be required
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if an internal applicant.