Tax Intern (Boca Raton, FL)Bookmark This
Boca Raton, FL
Title: Tax Intern
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Hours per Week: 40
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen, US Permanent Resident
Tyco Business Unit: Tyco > COE/Tax
Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com.
The mission of the Tyco COE Indirect Tax department is to maximize shareholder value by minimizing the worldwide tax burden of the Tyco group of companies consistent with management's operational objectives and a policy of full compliance with the laws of all jurisdictions in which such companies operate. The Tyco COE Indirect Tax department has offices in Boca Raton, Florida. It is responsible for compliance, audits, research and planning for US Property, Sales/Use and Income tax filing requirements.
The COE Indirect Tax Group is offering an internship opportunity for students majoring in accounting, finance or related field. Interns will gain exposure to a wide variety of tax, accounting, and legal concepts that are applied in the administration and management of tax compliance for a large multi-state corporation.
* Assist professional staff with data collection and anlysis for compliance reporting and audits
* Prepare responses to information and document requests from state tax authorities
* Prepare excel schedules and written responses to support positions and calculations included in various state and local tax return filings
* Assist in maintaining data base of tax calendar files
* Expect to graduate in Dec 2013 or Spring 2014 with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
* In pursuit of Bachelors degree in accounting, or a related business discipline. Students studying to graduate with 150 credits preferred.
* At least 1 year of work experience in any field, preferrably an office-type setting.
* Experience and/or interest in finance, accounting or tax fields a plus.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
* Core accounting/business/finance courses required.
* Detail oriented with good organizational skills
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Basic understanding of deadline driven work
* Assignment starts June 2014.
ABOUT TYCO'S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
During your internship with Tyco, you will have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths.
In order to be considered for an interview, you must:
* Submit your resume through your career center recruiting system AND
* Complete an online application through the Tyco campus recruiting website: www.jointyco.com.
Tyco is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disabled Employer.