Tech Support InternBookmark This
Single Stop USA
1825 Park Ave. Suite 503
DescriptionOVERVIEW OF SINGLE STOP USA, INC.
Single Stop USA (www.singlestopusa.org) is dedicated to helping low-income individuals and families in America achieve economic security. We do this by providing participants with an innovative package of cost-free, individualized support that incorporates screening for, and access to, critical government resources with all-important financial counseling, tax preparation, and legal assistance.
Single Stop USA, a successful non-profit human services firm, seeks a motivated Tech Support Intern to assist in the maintenance of in house technical support. Single Stop USA has ambitious plans to expand and implement this state-of-the-art technology nationally through a range of strategic initiatives. The firm serves over 150,000 clients in 7 states and anticipates serving many more in the coming years. There will be unique opportunities to further build-out the functionality of the software while exploring new business streams and strategies. The position is based in New York City. Interested candidates will be encouraged to work for credit. If the candidate is a graduate and ineligible for coursework credit, they will be eligible for a transportation stipend, instead of credit.
The Tech Support Intern is part of a team of highly skilled and dedicated individuals who maintain a high-volume user support system.
- Respond via email and phone to staff inquiries
- Troubleshoot system and diagnose network/computer problems
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and handle password issues
- Other duties as assigned
• 1 year experience in a commercial setting, some non-profit experience preferred
• Basic IT / IT troubleshooting experience and knowledge required
• Outstanding communication and client relationship skills a must
• Commitment to and passion for the mission and values of Single Stop Technologies, and the challenge of helping SST grow to achieve maximum impact
• Superior writing, editing, and critical thinking skills
• Experience with Outlook, Exchange, the Windows File System, Windows Shell Scripts, etc., a plus.
• Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities
• Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
Education & Professional Certification
• BS or MS in Computer Science, or other technical Bachelor or Masters degree with a strong CS background and suitable experience