Technical Writer Intern - SNEI - SDBookmark This
San Diego, CA
DescriptionTitle: Technical Writer Intern - SNEI - SD
Location: CA-San Diego
Job Number: 27207
Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI), a
subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, is the premier provider of digital
entertainment. Through the Sony Entertainment Network portal, consumers around
the world are able to access their favorite digital entertainment conveniently
and instantly on their favorite connected devices. SNEI offers the latest and
highest quality music, video, and game content through Sony Entertainment
Network as well as PlayStation Network while also delivering third-party
services. In addition, SNEI provides a compelling consumer experience
through innovative content discovery features and a simple user interface that
is globally consistent, yet locally relevant.
The SNEI-SD Technical Publications team enhances the user
experience of internal and external customers by providing information analysis
and design through the development of a variety of technical communication
content, including: User Manuals, Web Help, Quick Start Guides, Training
Videos and Documents, and Technical Diagrams.
• Assist with preparation of the Network Platform (NP)
Software Release Notes which can include but is not limited to creation and
maintenance of Software Release Note forms and compilation of report in Word
& Publish to PDF.
• Assist with Adobe Captivate training recording which
can include but is not limited to live recordings/one-on-one recordings
preparation and setup as well as post-production edits, final publishing and
uploading to SharePoint.
• Assist with preparation of Technical Publications
• Assist with updates to the Acronyms and Terms Guide.
• Assist with Ad hoc projects that can include but is not
limited to technical API documentation, technical data flow and architecture
diagrams and updating of software application screenshots in existing
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program at time of
• Strong writing, organization, and interpersonal
• Team Player
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multitask and contribute to a fast-paced
• Familiarity with general technical writing principles.
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
• Strong editing & proofreading skills
• Attention to detail
• Interest in software development
• Quick learner for both process and software tools
• Great researching skills
Nice to have:
• Technical Writing experience
• Understanding of MS Word Styles
• Web design skills and familiarity with HTML and
Cascading Style Sheets
• Desktop publishing tools
• Visual design skills (for example, visual chunking of
• Familiarity with Java or other object-oriented
• Familiarity with API documents
• Familiarity with Adobe eLearning tools such as
Captivate, Acrobat Pro and screen capture tools like Snagit
• Experience with graphics tools, such as Photoshop,
Illustrator, Visio, and PaintShop Pro
• SharePoint skills
• Familiarity with Help authoring tools, such as Madcap
• Previous Internship Experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally
protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the
U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower
employees and embrace diversity. We
encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in
contacting us and thank you for your interest in SNEI.
Job: Intern Opportunity