Technology Security - Compliance InternBookmark This
215 Park Avenue South (Union Square / Manhattan)
New York, NY
DescriptionRakuten LinkShare is a global leader in performance marketing, an exciting field of e-commerce that provides network and transaction management solutions for retailers to advertise their products through internet publishers. Advertisers come to Rakuten LinkShare to build, manage and track the success of their online marketing campaigns. Publishers join our network to transform their web content and services into revenue. Rakuten LinkShare works with many of the top Fortune 500 companies.
Rakuten LinkShare was founded in 1996 in New York City and has offices in Chicago, Tampa, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, London, Sydney and Tokyo. Rakuten LinkShare is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Rakuten, Inc., one of the world's largest Internet e-commerce companies facilitating $20 million in transactions daily. Rakuten’s operations include: online content streaming, Internet banking services, and even a professional baseball team.
Role Description --
As the internet ecosystem continues to evolve, the threat environment and security landscape is also constantly changing. Rakuten LinkShare strives to constantly improve and develop stronger security capabilities to meet this challenge. The Security-Compliance Office is responsible for ensuring the protection of global RLS technology platform assets via ongoing assessment and reporting to the executive committee and other stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to help Rakuten LinkShare continue to enhance this vital technology platform security and compliance capability.
Who are we looking for? -- Individuals who have demonstrated leadership, academic excellence, and intellectual curiosity. Driven performers who excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and are entrepreneurial in nature. Problem solvers, effective communicators, and tech-savvy team players.
What will you gain? -- You will learn about security/compliance practices and gain insight into how companies set policy and enhance the security of their assets throughout the software development lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to work with leaders in Sales, Account Management, Legal, and Technology and learn the roles they play in security/compliance. Finally, you will learn more about affiliate marketing and the online advertising ecosystem.
Timeframe -- We are looking for individuals who can devote at least 20 hours/week, for one quarter (3 months). For candidates who deliver good results, we may be able to offer up to 40 hrs/week, and extend the internship for longer.
Start Date -- Flexible; the right candidate has the option to jump in and start immediately! Again, work hours (part-time or full-time) are also flexible.
ResponsibilitiesYou will work directly with the head of the Security-Compliance Office and will be responsible for some or all of the following:
• Identify opportunities to enhance protection of Company assets via process improvement or education
• Conduct detailed evaluations of potential 3rd party security enhancement tools
• Review Company policy on vendor management, cloud solutions, and others and make policy improvement recommendations based on researching industry best practices and Rakuten LinkShare’s current practices
• Conduct security/compliance assessments of specific areas of the RLS technology platform and identify security or non-compliance issues
• Manage and drive completion of client security questionnaires, Requests for Proposal, and internal audit requests
• Prepare security/compliance assessment and incident reporting for executive committee and other stakeholders
• Develop security training content
- Some Knowledge of IT Security or Compliance Principles
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Good project management skills and principles
- Strong Time-management skills
- Ability to drive through challenges and hit deadlines
- Track record of process improvement
- Experience with IT Security Testing or Testing Tools or Compliance
- Experience with IT policy development or monitoring
- Experience developing training content