Temporary-Account Clerk IBookmark This
DescriptionAssists in establishing and updating subscriber and group records by processing membership changes via the use of direct input and manual transactions.
Clears all transaction write-offs. Communicates with subscriber/groups, etc., via telephone or correspondence in the routine types of billing and record maintenance discrepancies, as well as underwriting policies and procedures. Balances and reconciles remittance. Maintains records, prepares reports, and files. May compute and prepare manual billings and/or refunds. Must be able to conform to established quantity and quality standards. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with subscribers, accounts, or other departments in a clear, concise and tactful manner.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity are needed to access and interpret computer records via CRT along with basic math skills in reconciling accounts.
- Ability to analyze data and resolve problems related to membership and billing record changes.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply the polices and procedures related to billing and membership changes that are learned through formal and on?the?job training in a record keeping environment.
- In addition, the technical knowledge must be acquired through successful completion of the ninety (90) day M/B Training Program.