Theatre Services InternBookmark This
2001 Jefferson Davis Highway, Suite 806
THEATRE SERVICES INTERN
theatreWashington, sponsor of the Helen Hayes Awards, is accepting applications for Theatre Services Interns. These interns work alongside and under the mentorship of the Director of Theatre Services and the Theatre Service Managers to explore new initiatives, develop research, provide project support, update archives, and work in the field on theatreWashington programs and affiliated events. Interns play an essential role in the growth and day-to-day operations of a dynamic, emerging theatre service organization in one of the largest and most vibrant theatre markets in US. Associated responsibilities include occasional phone and management coverage as needed.
Goal: This internship is suitable for those working towards careers in theatre business leadership, associated areas of the performing arts, and other business experience.
The intern will:
• Report directly to the Theatre Services Manager
• Define the tenure of their internship; minimum three months.
• Work an average of 25 hours a week
• Set their weekly schedule with the Theatre Services Manager
• Be included in some Committee, Advisory Panel, and Task Force meetings
• Meet leaders in the Washington theatre community
Candidates should be:
• Interested in a career in the theatre
• Good public ambassadors
• Great with people
• Creative problem solvers
• Able to work independently.
• Able to occasionally work outside the normal work day
• Able to maintain a sensitivity to the privacy and importance of theatreWashington’s role in the community, particularly in regards to the administration and adjudication of the Helen Hayes Awards
• Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, and general office skills (mailing/copies/fax…)
• The intern will receive a stipend of $150/week.
• The intern will be invited to be our guest at one regional production for each four weeks of service committed.
• The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Director of Theatre Services upon the successful conclusion of the internship.
• Please forward a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references to Brad Watkins with the subject line “TS Intern App.” Positions are open until further notice or this posting is removed.