Toddler Teacher AideBookmark This
Sugar Hill Academy
423 w.154th street
New York, NY
Description. Work as a team member to provide a warm, nurturing environment, model and encourage social interactions and assure individual age appropriate activities for each child.
2. Prepare and assist with daily care of infants and toddlers (i.e. feeding, diapering, toileting, hand washing, sleeping and playing).
3. Assist individual children and small groups with developmentally appropriate activities, classroom strategies and therapy.
4. Help in preparation of instructional aids and materials for classroom activities.
5. Assist senior staff in completing required classroom/center paperwork.
6. Ensure that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom is appropriately maintained.
7. Other duties as assigned.
ResponsibilitiesExcellent communication skills both orally and written; good presentation skills; Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff and out-side agencies; Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and report writing skills;; Computer skills including word processing and on-line operations.
Requirements1. Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
2. Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the
discriminations in sound.
3. Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
4. Must be able to sit or kneel on the floor for extended periods of time.
5. Must be physically present at the assigned job site.
6. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry children up to 35 lbs.