Tourism PlanningBookmark This
Art in Bayfront Park
325 S Lake Ave Ste 1216
DescriptionApplicant must be able to make weekly meetings in Duluth, MN!!!!!
Art in Bayfront Park Art Fair is an annual celebration of the visual and performing arts featuring artists from the all across the USA and Canada. On August 16-19, one hundred seventy-five visual artists that have been selected by a distinguished panel of judges and they will exhibit and sell their original work in booths located in Bayfront Festival Park, Duluth MN. The festival also features the"Kids Corner” which gives children the opportunity to participate in structured arts activities designed to stimulate the creative process. A more advanced area for adults provides an opportunity to try their hand at various art activities by taking an "Art Class". Volunteer street artists and ensembles entertain audiences throughout the park. Live demonstrations by both performing and visual artists offer festival audiences a greater understanding of the arts. Additionally, an impressive array of foods served by various vendors will fill the festival Culinary Area. Over 20,000 people attend this event each year making Art in Bayfront Park the number one attended outside event in the Duluth/Superior Area (approx. 10,000 per day). However, Bentleyville reaches 200,000 people over 1 1/2 months (about 4,444 a day)
For Festivals, the Internship experience:
...offers practitioners the chance to provide expertise relative to theory and practice obtained in the classroom setting;
...offers the opportunity to improve in-service training for permanent employees;
...allows an opportunity to survey and evaluate prospective employees;
...provides opportunities to establish cooperative relationships which extend beyond the Internship program.
...Art in Bayfront Park team approach to event management mandates that all interns possess a keen sense of self-motivation, the productivity to work positively with a variety of personality types and leadership styles, the ability to be flexible and to embrace change. Art in Bayfront Park interns possess and demonstrate a high standard of integrity and professionalism. They can work alone or with a team.
The internship is a full time for one full year (October through Event in August)
You may be required to work out of your own home with a meeting once a week to view your progress.
ResponsibilitiesAssist the Director with increasing tourism to our art fair:
• Seek hotels to give discounts for our artists to stay or find alternative places for our artists to stay.
• Renting houses or B&B's as an income producer for art in bayfront park and where artists will save $.
• Finding ways to bring tourists to our area (perhaps find bus tours to come to town - bring in women's clubs or golf memberships on a tour bus - dinner at the golf club, golf at NCC, then art).
• Find ways to increase income through tourism (how to bring hotel stayers with a minimum budget)
• Working with hotels and our Marketing Coordinator on increasing our visibility in canal park area and other areas with tourists.
• Enhancing Visitor experiences
• Bringing affluent Duluthians into our art fair
• New special event creation to bring in other art attendees (working with Special Events Coordinator)
• Writing a job description and intern handbook for the next Tourism Planning Intern
RequirementsPrefer a tourism, business, or management major.
APPLY BY E-MAIL - submit Resume to ArtInBayfrontPark@yahoo.com
Applicant must be able to make weekly meetings in Duluth, MN!!!!!