Translation & Project Management InternBookmark This
373 Park Avenue South, 6th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionLanguage Connect provides internship opportunities for the newest generation of linguists and Project Managers.
The goal of our Internship Programme is to provide hands-on industry experience in an agency environment. The internship also aims to develop your linguistic skills, give you the opportunity to put theoretical knowledge into practice and provide experience within the rapidly-growing translation and localization industry.
ResponsibilitiesDuring your internship you will be exposed to all aspects of a language service agency and to the full-lifecycle of translation project management, including:
- Sales – quoting, business development
- Operations – project management, linguist coordination
- Linguistics – quality assurance, translation, proofreading, text analysis with CAT tools and translation memory building.
You will have the chance to use and develop your linguistic skills in various fields. You are likely to be involved in the following processes:
- Translation and proofreading
- Quality Checking translations for accuracy, completeness and formatting
- Verbatim Coding
- Trados analysis and alignment
- Construction and maintenance of Translation memories
You will also gain first-hand experience of the operational side of a language service agency. To ensure this you will be involved in:
- Managing translation projects and arranging certified translations
- Sourcing and liaising with suppliers
- Liaising with clients
- General administration
Our internships are full-time, from 09.00 to 18.00 Monday to Friday for 4 months.
After succesful completion of the Internship the position might be extended or turned into a permanent role.
The internship would be home-based initially and the intern would closely work with the Sales Manager in the US and our global Operations Team based in London, Istanbul and Sydney.
RequirementsWhat we are looking for:
- Recently completed or currently pursuing MA or BA studies in linguistics and translation
- Excellent command of English and another European language
- High level of computer literacy
- Good command of Trados or other CAT tools is preferred
- 6-12 months of previous work experience in an office/agency environment is preferred
- Flexibility and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work in teams (on-site and remotely)
- Commercial awareness and drive to provide excellent client service