Transporation ClerkBookmark This
Fresenius Medical Care
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy, Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance program, including following all regulatory and FMCNA policy requirements.
This position is under direct supervision to provide administrative support for the Distribution Center Transportation Department; performs a variety of routine clerical duties. Some duties may be of a more complex nature involving research on fleet functions; maintains the confidentiality of all communication, correspondence, and records according to established FMCNA standards and procedures.
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Communicate in person and over the telephone with Supply Chain Analysts, Routers, Drivers, Customer Service and Brokers as needed.
- Prepare documentation for bills of lading and proof of deliveries for home delivery, clinics and revenue generating loads and backhauls.
- Assists routers and supply chain analysts in finding and securing revenue generating loads and backhauls.
- Administrative duties which may include but are not limited to:
- Data Entry
- Answering phones
- Creating and preparing required operational reports on a weekly and monthly basis,
- Performing queries and report requests as necessary,
- Printing, sorting, and collating operational, transportation documents.
- Sets up and maintains filing system for confidential records, correspondence files, and reports.
- May be required to conduct research into issues pertaining to fleet functions as requested by the Transportation Supervisor and Distribution Center Manager.
- Support the day-to-day activities for assigned fleet delivery driver teams. This support would include performing the following:
- Coordinating the delivery and pick-up of dialysis products from home patients and clinics according to established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Take note of and report any customer complaints. Reports more complex issues and complaints to Fleet staff or Customer Service for resolution.
- Perform all duties and functions with the goal to achieve OHSA-related targets for recordable incidents and lost time incidents.
- Verify customer signatures on deliveries and revenue generating loads.
- Provide proof of delivery when required.
- Identify and recommend options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
- Vehicle related responsibilities include by not limited to:
- Maintain files for all driver logs and daily vehicle reports. Identify problems and report appropriately.
- Participate in assigned monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health Safety, DOT and Compliance (both corporate and DPD-specific)
- Remain updated with all annually revised regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, and any state specific agencies)
- Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Completing all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Attend meetings and communicating pertinent information to assigned drivers and management.
- Interacting with Operations management, Customer Service, customers and employees
- Back-up routing position when needed to cover for vacations and absences.
- Stay current on routing software and DC route optimization.
- Work with DC Administrative Assistant as required.
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of duties are performed sitting and working with a personal computer in an office environment.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum six months to one year of administrative office experience related fleet operations and activities.
- Organizational skills are essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to work under minimal amount of supervision.
- Experience and skill with PC-based word processing systems, SAP and some experience with Routing Software/fleet management.
- Demonstrates good teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled