Traveling Periodontal AssistantBookmark This
Pacific Dental Services
Position: Periodontal Assistant
Are you looking to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Lead by example and train and coordinate with all other dental assistants to ensure they are performing their job duties in alignment with job requirements.
• Prepare Patients for treatment and assist your specialist - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• Arrive prior to the first scheduled patient to prepare for the day and be a part of the morning huddle according to the office schedule.
• Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience (PPE)® by attending to the patient’s individual concerns within the scope of the Periodontal Assistants license, and promoting the good qualities of your specialist.
• Follow the guidelines set forth by the Operations Manager of the office you are working in that day; direct supervision is provided by the OM.
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• Work closely with the GP lead assistant to ensure an appropriate and adequate clinical supply and that equipment is well maintained in each dental practice, while simultaneously remaining fiscally responsible.
• Maintain a clean, sterile and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable; prepare them for treatment and assist your specialist - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• Obtain dental history and/or records from patients (review patient health history and care-slips for completeness prior to providing to the specialist for review). Obtain an updated health history for the specialist for all returning patients.
• Work with the front office and back office teams to ensure the specialist’s schedule runs smoothly and efficiently.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED); specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration requirements.
Our ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
- Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations:As mandated by applicable state (e.g., CPR, coronal polish, x-ray exposure etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.