Tree Conservation InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is offering a Tree Conservation Internship for students interested in Conservation and Preservation. This internship will prepare students in all aspects of Tree Conservation. So whether you just want a summer job planting trees in a beautiful setting, or you want to pursue a career as an Arborist, Forestry Service Manager or native plant nursery, reforestation is a promising field.
• Tree Farm Management
• Assist in maintaining the health and vigor of trees
• Learn and display arboricultural techniques
• Participate in all phases of tree care management
• Aerial pruning of trees and surrounding ground area.
• Climb trees to perform proper maintenance
• Appropriate equipment usage.
Requirements• Basic knowledge of arboriculture terminology & practices.
• Current field experience and/or study of arboriculture or Biology, Environmental Science, Urban Forestry/Arboriculture, and Park Management related field.
• Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing.
• Ability to operate arboricultural hand and power equipment safely.
• Ability to execute oral and written directions.