Truck Driver - Class A, Part TimeBookmark This
As a driver, you're important everywhere you go. Businesses and customers are excited to see you. You help companies get their products to the people who need them. And when you drive a Ryder Truck, you play an important part in keeping the economy moving. People around the world rely on you everyday to keep their businesses running smoothly.
Ryder has openings for Part Time/Casual Drivers in your area. Our drivers earn excellent money and get paid weekly. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we invite you to apply today.
- Must be a minimum of 22 years of age
- 9 months verifiable driving experience
- Valid Class A CDL
- Ability to meet Ryder's driving qualifications
Drivers will work 2-3 night per week delivering two containers that are off loaded with airlifts. Must be mechanically inclined. Strong focus on safe driving required. Candidates looking for long term part time work encouraged to apply.
The rate is .33 cents per mile and 12.00 per stop. Driver would average 2 3 day a week Sunday Friday. Average 1,500 miles per week
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards
- Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.