UGG AustraliaBookmark This
730 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY
DescriptionDeckers Outdoor Corp., builds niche products into global lifestyle brands by designing and marketing innovative, functional and fashion-oriented footwear, developed for both high performance outdoor activities and everyday casual lifestyle use. Currently, the Company offers six primary product lines under the following recognized brand names: Teva® — high-performance sports sandals and rugged outdoor footwear; Simple® — innovative shoes that combine the comfort elements of athletic footwear with casual styling; UGG® — authentic sheepskin boots and other footwear; Tsubo®— contemporary footwear incorporating fashion, function and maximum comfort; Ahnu®- quality, technology, style and sustainability redefining what it means to be an outdoor performance and lifestyle brand; and MOZO®- slip-resistant work shoes, engineered to provide cushioning, traction, support and craftsmanship needed to thrive in the work environment. As Deckers continues into the future, it strives to be the premier lifestyle company that facilitates and develops innovative, top quality branded products.
Deckers Outdoor Corp. was named one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2008 and 2009!
Job Title: UGG Australia Showroom Intern
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: August 1st
Compensation: unpaid internship/school credit only
Hours: 24 hours-3 days per week
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that the showroom is opened and prepared for any meetings on a daily basis.
• Ensures that handbags are organized and well merchandised with proper presentation.
• Ensures that apparel is organized, wrinkle free and well presented.
• Manages samples in and out of the showroom once major markets are finished. Responsible for sample requests, photography requests, and field sales requests, etc. and will work closely with the product team.
• Responsible for pulling dropped styles and working with the PR team on sample sales and including Handbags/Apparel into the program.
• Ensures that the showroom and stockroom organized at all times.
• Helps with other elements of showroom merchandising: visual updates, collateral, flowers, kitchen, etc.
• Helps research and identify the ever changing Specialty Store channel.
• Helps with NY market weeks and NY based trade shows.
• Assists with post show communications with hand written notes, thank you's, etc .
• Copies, mailing, as needed.
• Interfaces with Sales Operations team and assists with trade shows and appointment setting.
• Interfaces with PR team on special events and market weeks.
• Sends basic emails.
• Currently enrolled in a four-year degree program studying fashion merchandising or related, ideally with an internship requirement for graduation.
• Able to commit to a schedule of 3 days a week, for minimum of 3 months.
• Hours may fluctuate but will generally be from 9:30 - 3:30 each working day.