Undergrad Intern TechnicalBookmark This
DescriptionFirmware Engineers develop firmware in a multidisciplinary organization and collaborate with design, and/or hardware engineers in the design, development of Solid State Drives (SSDs). In this role the engineer will work within a firmware team to deliver firmware to meet or exceed product requirements. The team operates within an Agile development process and may define and/or respond to real time need for current or sustaining products. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software and/or firmware development and test process. Develops firmware for products supporting interface standards such as SATA, SAS, and PCIe.
Ideal intern candidates must be enrolled in an accredited University working toward a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Science or similar. Ideal candidates have a mix of HW and SW skills.
- Knowledge of embedded firmware, algorithms and modeling, and HW/SW interactions.
- Experience with C, assembly, and scripting languages such as Python or PERL.
- Knowledge of firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and toolchains.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organization, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate results in academic projects related to the above areas.