Underwriting Internship - Commercial Insurance Aliso Viejo, CABookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Aliso Viejo, CA
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance's internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as claims, finance, sales/service, underwriting and/or IT). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
This is your chance to check out Liberty MutualInsurance as a potential employer. We will provide you with the tools andresources to be successful. Your internship supervisor and the UniversityRelations team are always available to make sure you are benefiting from yourexperience. An online community of hundreds of interns will provide a collegialenvironment to help with your transition from school to work. You'llparticipate in educational and social programs that will help your development.And you may qualify for scholarships that will help with tuition costs.
- Develop judgment to accept, reject or modify new and renewal business for all commercial lines, with guidance and direction as needed from experienced underwriters or team leader, to ensure a profitable commercial book of business
- Price business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines and ensures standards for timeliness are met
- Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers andmonitor profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Review and becomes familiar with:Policy coverages,Agency relationships,Underwriting and team guidelines, processes, and procedures,Company business strategy and organization
Qualifications:As an intern, you must be working towards a bachelor's degree (graduating in 2015 or 2016) and possess a minimum 3.0 GPA (depending on school). In addition, the following criteria are highly recommended:
- Analytical and decision making skills, basic to intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability
- Effective interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate successfully
- Willingness to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education
Overview:We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day.
Responsibility. What's your policy?