Union Pacific Railroad -- Year-Round Internship -- IT TrainingBookmark This
Union Pacific Railroad has an internship opportunity in the IT Training group within the Information Technologies Department. IT Training provides on-boarding technical and business training for new IT employees. IT Training is offering a year-round internship opportunity starting May, 2014. Successful candidates will assist the IT Training group in planning and delivering training. Work schedule designed with flexibility to accommodate college course schedule. Up to forty hours per week available during the summer and 15 to 20 hours available during the academic year. Excellent opportunity for Business, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, and Management Information majors.
* Maintain a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for new IT employees
* Maintain and administer training reports
* Record training history
* Assist with the following (as class schedule permits):
* Schedule instructors and Organize and manage classes
* Effectively communicate schedule information to participants and instructors
* Obtain instructor training materials
* Set up training facilities prior to classes
* Facilitate class sessions
* Record classes
* Download recording files
* Conduct surveys
* Organize and conduct intern networking sessions
* College credits equivalent to one year towards an undergraduate degree (sophomore status or above) and working towards a Bachelors Degree in Business, Communications, MIS or related field
* Intermediate planning and organizational skills including ability to track schedules and organize multiple events/classes
* Intermediate computer skills including a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
* Intermediate communication skills, both written and verbal
Union Pacific, a Fortune 200 company, is a leader in developing and applying new technology to efficiently move freight in a safe and environmentally friendly manner. Technological advances in freight cars, locomotives, track and communications have enabled Union Pacific to continue to be on the leading edge of the transportation industry. UP’s success is built on one of the most advanced networks, consisting of voice, video, radio fiber optics, microwave, internet and data communications.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
*Location:* Omaha, NE
*Closing Date:* 05-04-2014