Video Editor Internship (106-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $400+ million for 1,142,788+ entrepreneurs in 70+ countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2015.
The Video Editor Intern is responsible for collaborating with Kiva’s Marketing and Community Outreach Team to edit, create and manage engaging multimedia content. One of Kiva’s strategic goals for 2013 is to create more videos of the field and bringing Kiva borrowers closer to Kiva lenders. As the Video Editor Intern, you will play a key role in this strategic goal!
This is an unpaid internship.
- Video Editing: Edit video content gathered from the field to create Thank You videos to send out to various Kiva Lenders
- Motion Graphics Design: Collaborate with Video Production Manager as well as in-house designers to create motion graphics using After Effects
- Videography: record Kiva internal events e.g. Brown Bags, All Hands Meetings, etc. and make available on Kiva’s Wiki page
- Kiva’s YouTube channel: upload and manage content presentable for both public and private viewing
- Ability to edit video using one of the following editing software: FCP 7, FCP X or Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Skilled at working collaboratively with multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Is self directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility
- Ability to communicate results to Manager and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate tasks at hand as well as foresee upcoming creative opportunities
- Someone with a "ready to help" attitude
- Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business
- Laptop is a must and editing software is a plus
- Casual work environment
- Opportunity to join the team of the world's first online person-to-person lending platform
- Opportunity to work from home depending on specific projects
- References gladly given for successful participants