Videography InternshipBookmark This
4080 Reed Road SE #150
DescriptionShangri-La is a diverse human services organization that helps people with disabilities, mental illness or economic challenges. Shangri-La touches the lives of hundreds of Oregonians each year. Whether assisting those with developmental disabilities, mental illnesses, or other special needs, we offer a variety of opportunities helping people to have safe, affordable housing, gainful employment, or the supports needed for self-sufficiency.
Intern will work closely with Shangri-La’s Media Producer and Communications Team to plan, develop and create videos that effectively achieve the purpose of the video and further Shangri-La’s mission.
Activity of the Intern will include, but is not limited to:
- Production planning and preparation
- Video editing
- Generating and inserting on-screen text and graphics
- Making technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate lighting, shooting angle and placement of microphone
- Editing and assembling final visual/audio material
- Monitoring technical quality of end product
- Adhering to the principles of person-first language
- Upholding the Shangri-La brand
- Developing a product that protects the confidentiality of individuals-served
The intern will be part of a tight-knit team within a large organization. The internship will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to gain valuable experience in various aspects of videography, a non-profit work environment and the human services industry.
- Pursuing a degree in communication studies, film, videography, graphic design, digital or media production, or equivalent
- Prefer a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Prefer junior or senior status, but will consider all class levels.
- Strong knowledge of Final Cut 7
- Excellent oral, written, communication skills.
- Self-driven, motivated, creative, and strong work ethic.