Virtual DBS Analytics InternshipBookmark This
85 Brown Street
North Kingstown, RI
DescriptionVirtual DBS has the best-in-class components for ETL and customer data integration, data enrichment, predictive analytics, campaign management and customer dialogue reside inside a friendly platform available in our cloud-based V-DataSuite environment or in your office.
RequirementsVirtual DBS Analytics/Development Responsibilities
• Perform preliminary data analysis (e.g., frequencies, central tendency, variability, distribution, crosstabs)
• Build multivariate models which include applied statistical techniques (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, clustering, descriptive segmentation)
• Collaborate with other team members and departments to aid in development of analytics products
• Manage projects in a timely manner and present findings including problem solve and research
• Provide expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and report findings
• Use data management tools such as RedPoint to perform various data functions such as: match/appends, sorting, summarizing, if-statements, filtering out records, de-duping, joining, etc.
• Work in both Business-to-Business & Business-to-Consumer marketing (different techniques associated with each) (either classroom or work experience); understand similarities and differences with B2B & B2C Modeling
o B2B: examples of variables include Sales Volume, Number of Employees, SIC Divisions, SIC Codes, Business Type, Location Type, etc.
o B2C: examples of variables include Household Income, Age, Household Type, Length of Residence, Marital Status, Presence of Children, etc.
• Basic understanding of all Microsoft Office tools- specifically excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
• Be able to clearly articulate and present findings to coworkers/clients/customers
• Work with programming (code, ETL, etc.) to develop and improve current products (tools and macros) as well as develop new tools and macros