Volunteer ResourcesBookmark This
Oxford Community Center
200 Oxford Road / P.O. Box 308
DescriptionOxford Community Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides a variety of social, cultural and educational programs and services for youth and adults on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. We’re looking for a qualified intern to assist with our volunteer program, specifically in the areas of community outreach and capacity-building.
This intern should be prepared to work in a collaborative environment, be self-motivated with a positive attitude, well-organized, and a team player, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in volunteer management for the nonprofit sector.
Responsibilities• Assist with volunteer training sessions
• Prepare volunteer recruitment materials
• Involve current volunteers in activities
• Conduct volunteer interest interviews and compile results
• Assist with implementation of weekday/weekend programs
• Create catalog of volunteer opportunities and descriptions
• Track volunteer metrics in terms of hours served and value