Volunteer Services AssistantBookmark This
Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
178 Tremont St
Provide general assistance in the outreach, intake, data entry, verification and processing of applications for various volunteer and internship positions.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10-15 hours per week - flexible
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St., Boston, MA 02111; Fax (617) 423-7693; or email email@example.com with the title in the subject line.
Please note: this is an unpaid internship, however, work-study eligibility will be considered.
• Assist in providing outreach to interested volunteers/students through email and telephone correspondence.
• Be able to respond to inquiries regarding program and services offered and their need for volunteers.
• Assist applicants with filling out volunteer application packets.
• Assist in entering, maintaining and updating applicant files.
• Assist in contacting applicants whose applications need additional information.
• Assist in marketing volunteer opportunities to colleges, universities, and other programs via volunteer fairs and other outreach.
• Assist in developing volunteer manual.
• Other related duties as needed.
RequirementsSkills & Qualifications:
• Prior experience in general office work required.
• High School diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to sensitively and effectively communicate with individuals of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
• Bilingual skills helpful.