Volunteer Services Intern (Unpaid)Bookmark This
Palm Beach Zoo
1301 Summit Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL
DescriptionAre you looking for a fast paced FUN environment that is a zoo......
Well look no further. The Palm Beach Zoo Volunteer office is looking for someone who would like to join us as a Volunteer Service Intern!
Our Zoo is proud that we have gone from 32 active volunteers to 150+ volunteers in less than 6 months and lead the nation in Innovative Volunteer Management.
Responsibilities- Assist the Volunteer Services team with managing 150+ volunteers ie Adult, Teen and Corp Levels.
- Participate in college recruiting events to represent the company and identify potential candidates
- Provide administrative support to Volunteer manager, including running team meetings, helping with orientations and developing new programs to enhance the volunteer and guest experience.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
- Learn and Maintain Volgistics (Computer Based Volunteer Management Program)
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Computer Skill