Volunteer or Intern in IndiaBookmark This
Eco Volunteer Travel
New York, NY
DescriptionLinking empowerment, conservation, volunteering and traveling Eco Volunteer Travel offers unique volunteering & eco friendly travel experiences in India tailored to your needs and requirements.
Make life long friendships and make a worthy contribution, all while you travel! Pick and choose from our multiple volunteer, homestay, learning & travel programs in northern India. You can spend anywhere from one week to a few months participating in our programs.
We welcome volunteers with the following interests or skills
• Photography and film
• Nurse/health workers
• Doctors (general physicians and specialists)?
• Community health managers
• Organic farming and permaculture
• Sustainable development
• Creative arts – art, jewelry making, carpentry, bamboo craft, creative writing, poetry, dance
• Outdoor education and sports education
• Tree plantations
• Volunteering with homestays to develop the skills and capacities of the local communities.
• Community clean ups and school landscaping
• Events, workshops and courses - project management, project planning, communications, HR management, cross cultural awareness, micro lending, sustainable development, women empowerment, environmental conservation, sustainable buildings/architecture.
Benefits to volunteers
• Inter cultural learning
• Learning local language
• Staying with traditional Indian family
• Attending Indian marriage ceremony and participating in other cultural activities
• Accommodation pre- arranged according to individual interest
• Healthy living with proper sanitation
• You have the benefit of a local coordinator, who is there for you
• There is a safety net for you so that you can focus on helping and learning
• Experience a new culture as an insider, not a tourist.
RequirementsOur volunteers – Our preference in individual volunteers if for more mature people (30 plus) with some life experience, and who have skills that can be transferred to the local community. ?
Younger people – are also accepted, but preferably if they have a specific skill related to the above position/s or as part of a school or youth group with their own supervision.
Families with children – are accepted but we try and schedule their programs so that they are alone, or with other families. It is much easier when 2-3 families book a programs together.
Interns – We welcome interest from those looking for internship placements and who wish to gain greater experience in rural development work, and/or write their thesis on the particular components of the programs we offer.