WPRD Modem Integration Engineer Intern to CG Conversion 2014Bookmark This
San Diego, CA
Come join Intel's Wireless Platform RD (WPRD) organization as a Software Engineer. Our software engineers have the opportunity to touch the entire software ecosystem! In fact, by number of employees, we are one of the most influential software companies in the world. At Intel, you'll be at forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity. We're looking for more great software engineers who will help us push computing capabilities even further. And who are passionately motivated by seeing their creations used by millions of end users. Come intern with our team as a Modem Integration Engineer. In this position you with help with the integration of software and hardware for Intel's wireless modem platforms.
Your responsibilities may include:
Collaboration with software and integration engineers in the design, development, and validation of modem software
Generation, Verification, and validation of platform software releases including generation and analysis of reported findings
Optimization and creation of automation capabilities for software development and release
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
This req is being created to convert intern to fulltime. You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have an MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other science/engineering related field. - Minimum of 6 months experience with software/programming languages (i.e. C, C++, C#, Visual Basic/.NET. Perl, Python, Java, etc.) - Minimum of 6 months experience with Linux operating systems
- Minimum of 6 months experience with high quality software coding and debug skillsPreferred Qualifications
- Experience with wireless technology (e.g. LTE, WCDMA)
- Experience with embedded hardware and software
- Experience with configuration management