Water Conservation InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is offering a Water Conservation Internship for students interested in Conservation and Preservation. Interns will learn all aspects of Water Conservation; including customer service, business principles and techniques.
Responsibilities• Collects water samples to determine acceptable levels
• Install low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators
• Assist with installing rain barrels
• Monitor Care & Conserve phone line
• File documents and collect rain barrel data.
• Draft letters to water agencies
• Will use hand-held and motorized screwdrivers and may use a cross-cut saw.
• Managing site utilities by tracking and communicating usage (water, steam, electrical).
• Leads utility and energy audits to identify systematic issues
• Writes capital projects
Requirements• Background or coursework in Engineering, Environmental Science, Resource Conservation, Water or Natural Resource Management, Business, Horticulture/Plant Science, Public Administration, or related majors
• Qualified individuals must be able to work with computers, spreadsheets and have basic knowledge of electrical, steam and water systems.
• Methods, procedures, objectives and standard practices of water conservation, especially in a desert or otherwise arid environment; water and wastewater treatment systems and processes; water chemistry, hydrology, hydro geography, pollutants, irrigation systems, backflow prevention and irrigation audits; principles of xeriscaping and the full range of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural water conserving technologies and methodologies