Water & Mechanical Product Management Intern (Intern/Co-Op)Bookmark This
DescriptionTitle: Water Mechanical Product Management Intern Location: Lansdale, PA Hours per Week:40 Work Authorization:U.S. Citizen, US Permanent ResidentTyco Business Unit: Tyco > Tyco Fire Protection Products COMPANY OVERVIEW Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at http://www.tyco.com/. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW A segment of Tyco, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order. DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW Tyco is offering the opportunity for students majoring in business/marketing or a related business discipline to intern in Water and Mechanical Product Management and Marketing. Interns will gain exposure to a wide variety of products, operations and case studies to successfully launch a product across a large global organization. JOB OVERVIEW The position is responsible for assisting with the product management and marketing for a portion of the global water and mechanical product line. Responsibilities of a Product Manager include managing new product introductions and cost-out/value-engineering initiatives, developing obsolescence plans, inventory and product rationalization analysis, competitive analysis, defining and managing market research, and assisting with brand developing programs. Significant global, cross-functional interaction and project management is required across the organization with global sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, sourcing and other departments. Roles Responsibilities
- Assists Product Managers with managing existing or initiating new product introduction (NPI) and cost-out/value-engineering initiative (VAVE) projects through the Rally Point stage gate process.
- Oversees sustaining engineering initiatives such as agency approvals, re-certifications and other product needs with cross-functional players, in Rally Point.
- Assists with the creation and creates a portion of a new product launch/commercialization package to include price books, catalogs, brochures, training material, and external and internal communications.
- Works closely with Technical Services and Marketing to ensure all technical documents and marketing literature are accurate and disseminated. Works closely with Marketing/MarCom to execute regional product marketing programs.
- Contributes to product operations duties for the region including but not limited to: part code set-up, price book/catalog creation, price change implementation, customer discount setting, etc.
- Conducts regional inventory analysis and recommends methods to reduce inventory which might include a scrap plan or new sales initiatives. With Product Manager works to achieve approval of plan from stakeholders.
- Conducts competitive analysis for the region and reports on competitive threats, recent actions, and portfolio gaps.
- Conducts market research and collects "Voice of the Customer" information to help the Product Manager develop critical product specifications and product line strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
- In pursuit of Bachelor's degree in business/marketing or a related business discipline
- Expect to graduate by Spring 2015 with a Bachelor's Degree
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact with all levels of management
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project management and ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to collect, analyze, and integrate information by leveraging appropriate PC/systems technology including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint