Web Content AssociateBookmark This
DescriptionDelawareblack.com LLC is currently seeking interns for the Spring 2013. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience. The mission of the organization is to increase the sharing of informational resources available for African Americans in Delaware and nationally.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web, graphic design and site management.
The website content manager will be responsible developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, the website content manager may also be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns.
The content manager will work closely with our organization, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing online marketing and outreach campaigns. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Copyedit and proofread all web content
- Oversee freelancers, including writers, copyeditors and community outreach organizers
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Track and report on site metrics
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
Requirements- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (Joomla or WordPress) - a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Majoring in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!