Web Content DeveloperBookmark This
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
DescriptionThe Web Content Developer provides day-to-day updates and changes in the web Content Management System (CMS) and will implement technology and design standards as developed by the Law School administration. The Web Content Developer will provide technical support and training to the department web contributors. The Web Content Developer must possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge with good administrative expertise and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, engaging regularly with administration, faculty, students and staff.
- Responsible for day-to-day changes and updates to page content, links and other layout related changes in the Content Management System (CMS). Performs some creating and troubleshooting of site scripts and other web site related technologies such as video and audio technologies.
- Responsible for image editing, formatting and video\audio encoding into appropriate formats for use on the web site.
- Provides day-to-day support and training for the department web contributors.
- Implements general web content, technology and design standards as developed by the Law School administration. Responsible for ensuring that the Department Web contributors are following all policies and procedures through both in-person meetings and development of written documents as required.
- Performs regular reviews of the entire Law School web site for consistency, accuracy and compliance with Law School web policies. Performs regular reviews of all content on the web site for accuracy and checking that all technologies used on the site and all links on the site are working correctly.
- Responsible for review of web statistics, applicable log files and monitoring of web analytics.
- Performs other duties as required, including, but not limited to support of various web- and e-mail-based organizational and communication efforts such as the Law School calendar system, community-wide daily announcement bulletins, the room reservation process, and social media activity.
RequirementsHigh school diploma or equivalent and at least two-three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated web-page development experience.
- Experience providing technical support and training to end users and some knowledge of media services equipment and workflow.
- Must possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge with good administrative expertise and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage regularly with administration, faculty, student and staff.
Working knowledge of HTML ( ability to code directly by hand if necessary )
Working knowledge of HTML editor(s) ( Kompozer, Dreamweaver )
Working knowledge of CSS ( ability to use CSS for positioning, and styling of web elements )
Working knowledge of image editing ( ability to crop, re-size, optimize for the web, etc. )
Working knowledge of both the Macintosh and Windows software.
Experience training others with web related tasks.
Advanced knowledge of CSS ( ability to use CSS outside a web editing package )
Advanced image manipulation skills ( Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. )