Web Designers & UI Interface DesignersBookmark This
The House of Moves
DescriptionThe House of Moves is an Orlando design company, that consults & educates clients in communicating their brands & creative ideas professionally through web, print, and advertising. The company has helped transform the professional images of clients and also developed brand messages for clients who didn't know what to say to their audience.
This specific "internship opportunity" currently has 3 OPENINGS - the final selected web-design interns will be working on 3 unique web projects being managed by the Creative Director.
Interns will have an opportunity to work remotely, to LEARN, UNDERSTAND, and GAIN REAL EXPERIENCE with front-end/usability design process. Interns who are chosen will be designing websites and working with various assets to create web layouts (logos, photography, site copy), to create visually engaging and functional websites for 3 specific client projects coming up in September, October, and November:
1. A local mega church website
2. Local tax/accounting website
3. A chiropractic practitioner website .
We are also requesting our potential interns, to also participate in creative brainstorming sessions (via Skype/Google Chat or on location with the client) to provide beneficial feedback and gain experience in the intellectual process of design. Our internship experience lasts for a 1-3 month period, but can be lengthened over a longer period of time if an intern has the desire and ability to commit more time to producing additional work to build their portfolio + gain professional/educational experience.
We are willing to provide college credit, letters of recommendations for future job opportunities, and a transportation stipend for having to drive to any locations, meetings, or appointments for projects for The House of Moves. When intern must travel, transportation compensation is paid in cash and is no more than $25.00.
Responsibilities• Taking managerial direction on all web projects
• Implementing design changes requested from our clients
• Communicating in a timely manner to company emails
• Professional email communication skills IS A MUST!!!!!
Requirements• Humility + we are looking for designers with NO EGO
• Understand how to use design to communicate business objectives and establish value to site visitors
• An understanding of using graphic design layout programs such as (Photoshop, Illustrator) to create 72 DPI graphics
• An understanding of using guides/rulers in Photoshop to align design elements
• Basic image slicing
• An understanding of the basic anatomy of the web page (Page title, URL, file name, header, footer, navigation, side bars, widget areas, etc)
• A sample online or electronic portfolio to review your work (if applicable)
• Either pursuing a design education or already recipient of a college degree in design/graphic design/or art related fields
ADDITIONAL SKILL SETS NEEDED ( NOT REQUIRED )
• Knowledge of Dreamweaver/HTML & CSS editing
• Basic knowledge of using an FTP program