Website Content Creator and Managing InternBookmark This
Veteran Resource Network
DescriptionThe Veteran Resource Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit Veterans Service Organization. We have several programs including the Troops 2 Truckers (www.troops2truckers.net), AdventureVets (www.adventurevets.com), Big River Expedition (www.bigriverexpedition.com) and others. We are in great need of a talented Website Content Creator and Managing Intern.
Responsibilities- Compose unique, engaging articles on various issues related to PTSD, Outdoor therapies, veteran needs, veteran programs, benefits of outdoor learning and healing.
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- To be able to author unique, informative and authoratative articles for organizational website
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and reader information management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Be an intermediate user of MS office products like Word, Excel, etc.
- Be comfortable working via Skype teleconferencing
- Have worked in an office of some type before
- Be very proficient with using the Internet
- Have a love for the US Military Veterans