Website Design InternBookmark This
MTA Capital Construction
New York, NY
DescriptionAs part of the largest transportation provider in North America, MTA Capital Construction(MTACC) was created to manage the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s largest transit expansion in several generations and to serve the changing transportation needs of its customers for the 21st century. We are currently seeking applicants for Website Design Intern.
Utilizing strong communications, creative and technical skills, the Website Design Intern will develop web media content for the agency.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT OR BE IN A COLLEGE WORK-STUDY PROGRAM, AND BE AVAILABLE A MINIMUM OF 15 HOURS PER WEEK, DURING THE INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT.
Responsibilities- Assist in designing graphics, functionality and content for MTACC’s intranet website.
- Develop intranet website content and layout by working with the Intranet Content Manager as well as MTACC project and department staff.
- Take photographs and enhance digital photos using Adobe Photoshop software.
Requirements- Candidates should be undergraduate or graduate students interested in specializing in graphic design and layout.
- Strong creative and writing skills desirable.
- Knowledge of graphics design and layout for web and print media.
- Knowledge of any of the following software is highly desirable: Adobe Photoshop (process images), Dreamweaver (web design), InDesign (print design), and Illustrator (graphics design).
- Ability to work in a team environment and desire to have work published.
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and progress creative ideas to meet deadlines.