Website DeveloperBookmark This
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Full-time, Unpaid
Customer Service, Internet
DescriptionGroupapa, is an online community and marketplace that helps customers form purchasing groups to increase buying power. This company was started by three friends from University of Colorado, Boulder. We are setting up a website based service which we think have great potentifal for growth and diversification
* Design, develop, and maintain PHP and web-based software through all tiers from presentation to persistence.
* Interface with company executives to define software direction and mitigate risks.
* Ensure that all technology services and solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance, and security.
* Support, troubleshoot, and maintain production systems in order to optimize performance, resolve problems, and provide timely follow-up to identified issues.
* Think creatively and suggest alternative development solutions.
RequirementsRequired qualifications include:
* Computer Science or Engineering major (any year)
* Strong computer programming background
* Ability to work with other interns and Groupapa executive staff
Desired qualifications include:
* Prior development of web-based applications using PHP
* Hands-on experience in the day-to-day support of Linux, MySQL, and Apache.
* Experience with one or more version control systems such as CVS, SVN, etc.
* Solid communication skills.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and develop and deliver functional programs in short cycle times.