Winter 2014 Engineering Student Co-op - Grand RapidsBookmark This
Grand Rapids, MI
Job Duration: Winter Term (January 2014 - May 2014)
Compensation: Wage determined by class standing
Job Status: Minimum 40 hours per week
Work Environment: Office, Field
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Inspects and calibrates gas measurement and control equipment to ensure government, industry, and enterprise standards are met.
-Configures and installs flow computers, gas quality equipment, and associated metering controls to comply with industry standards.
-Works with engineering on implementation of major plant improvement projects, along with construction and installation of station control panels, by working with diagrams and drawings.
-Installs, monitors, calibrates, and tests integrated control systems and components for optimum performance and initiates corrective action when necessary.
- Must be a Graduate or Undergraduate student majoring in Engineering (Electrical Electronic), with a minimum 2.7 grade point average.
- Knowledge of Electronic/Electrical applications
- Students are expected to have above average skills working with Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Students should possess good written and oral communication and organizational skills, demonstrate the ability to work effectively with people at all levels and be safety conscious at all times.
The DTE Energy Co-op Program requires students to be able to complete two
co-op rotations, alternating between work and school prior to graduation. Students must have completed their program pre-requisites and are taking courses specific to their major.
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include DTE Energy, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, DTE Gas, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at .