- Internships /
- Accounting Clerk
Accounting ClerkBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Provide support to a busy accounting department for a Third Party Administrator responsible for employee benefit administration. The position supports the department in a variety of ways, including administrative, data entry, report preperation and evaluation, and bookkeeping.
Applicants should be organized, have good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel. Good communication skills, and attention to detail are very important in this position.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Familiar with PeachTree and workpapers CS (not required, but preferred)
- Compile and analyze financial data to generate reports
- Work cooperatively with the team to achieve objectives
- Run audit reports for external auditors
General accounts receivable functions
- Code, post and receipt payments
- Assist with account, bank and other reconciliations
- Communicate with employers any under or over payments
General accounts payable functions
- Check, verify and process invoices
- Prepare payments for signature
- Sort, code and enter accounts payable data
- Maintain vendor files
General support functions
- Running reports for Fund consultants
- Assist in month end investment reconciliations
- Prepare Certificate of Coverage Letters
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Liaise with other departments/customers/vendors
Experience Required: 1+ years with accounting related experience
Education Required: Working towards AA or Bachelors
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Part Time
Salary and Benefits: The position offers competitive salary and excellent benefits.