- Internships /
- Administrative Assistant – Engineering and Product Development
Administrative Assistant – Engineering and Product DevelopmentBookmark This
Viatek Consumer Products Group
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Administrative Assistant’s duties and responsibility includes providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Engineering and Product Development Team. You will support your team through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The admin job scope includes communicating via phone, email and working closely with cross functioning teams ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Engineering and Product Development Team.
· Work closely with internal departments
· Projects involve working directly with the company President.
· Communicate with China factories for technical information, pricing and sample requests.
· Assist in scoring new product ideas from China factories.
Assist in updating weekly reports.
· Maintains established Engineering records.
· Organize and schedule meetings.
· Preparation of meeting agenda.
· Maintains company equipment list included serial numbers and cost.
· Works on special projects as required. Working with Quality Assurance and Engineer to translate technical information or problems into layman’s terms.
· General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
· Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously often under high pressure with little or no supervision.
· Ability to concentrate in high volume high pressure area with constant interruptions.
· Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) to maintain various reports
· Ability to demonstrate good listening and fact finding skills.
· Ability to grasp, lift, and carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs.
· Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines must be productive in quantity and quality of work.
· Possess excellent organizational and time management skills in order to set and maintain priorities.
· Must be computer literate and have advanced experience in MS office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
Work hours are 9:00 to 6:00pm Monday thru Friday
Must be regular and punctual in attendance