- Internships /
- Aerospace Account Manager
Aerospace Account ManagerBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
· Responsible for the North American business development in the Defense industry. Acts as the focal point for Defense sales activity. Coordinates the sales activities through direct OEM specification development/tier suppliers, and the management/coordination of a rep and Distribution network.
· Develop and coordinate the sales and marketing strategies for the Defense market to include sales, product, and market direction, as well as, new product development, which offer the potential for further market penetration and gross profit.
· In coordination with the Sales Manager - Aerospace and the Global Aircraft/Aerospace Sales Coordinator, coordinate develop, monitor and coordinate pricing strategies to the market.
· Understand and communicate the systems necessary to actively participate in the Defense industry.
· Develop and implement business plans in line with the strategic objectives of the Group. The business plan should focus on increasing sales, gross margin, market share, and our competitive advantage.
· Promote and enhance the image of Client as the pre-eminent supplier of protection products to the Defense industry.
· Work with Product Management and Research & Development to ensure new proprietary product developments and/or product modifications satisfy the customer expectations and needs.
· Responsible for the monthly reporting of the US activity including the key objectives, new business opportunities, quotes and new product developments.
· The activities and responsibilities noted above will be initiated and carried out with a high level of initiative, drive and creativity.
· BS Degree in a technical discipline is required, engineering preferred.
· Experience in the Defense and/or Aircraft/aerospace industry. At least five (5) years sales experience should include market development, product positioning, “specification” selling and sales channel development. Must have a manufacturer rep and distribution sales management experience.
· Must be a proactive, innovative and a self starter, with excellent communication skills, high energy and the ability to interact and communicate at all levels of an organization.
· Must be willing to travel at a minimum of 50%.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate and solve customer problems.
· PC literate
· Team player/effective net worker/good listening skills