- Internships /
- Application Development Project Manager
Application Development Project ManagerBookmark This
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3)
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is searching for a Application Development Project Manager!
We are recruiting for a Fortune 500 Company and YOU could be their next hire!
Not available but know someone with your similar experience….
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Title: Project Manager - Application Development
Pay Rate: $40-$50 hourly
Duration: 12+ Months
Role Type: W2
Location: Saint Louis, MO 63144
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
How to Apply: Reference JO# 121184.
General Summary: Manages the activities and people associated with the project and the success of that project. Works with user to identify the user's need. Delivers quality systems solutions to business problems. Collaborates with the BSA/BA teams to develop conceptual level requirements in the analysis or solution planning phase. Supports the production environment proactively through tracking management activities. Responsible for the ongoing systems needs of the client/user community. Utilizes formal SDLC to coordinate system development activities; provide project status reports; identify and define user needs; analyze project proposals; develop conceptual systems requirements; develop systems integration requirements; develop systems phasing plan; provide business application consultation; provide problem tracking/management. Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business, Information Services preferred; four to six years consulting experience preferred.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
• Functions in complex environments with minimal direction
• Solid individual performance while partnering with others
• Works well through self-directed effort
• Shares knowledge in area of expertise
• May serve as technical lead in area of expertise
• May provide technical assistance to resolve operating issues
• Presents project status and related information both verbally and in writing to executive staff, business sponsors and technical staff to ensure that all of IT and its business clients understands current status and the issues effecting success.
• Meets with business management to determine solutions to business problems. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops preliminary project plan and design, determines necessary resources, and project timeline.
• Assigns individual responsibilities and acts as a management resource for project team members.
• Responsible for delivery and success of assigned projects. Optimizes results within business and time constraints. Leads meetings with project team to assess status and resolve issues as they come up.
• Reviews and tracks status of project and deliverables and provides project updates and ongoing cost analysis to IT and business line management. Conducts presentations regarding project status and current issues.
• Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge. Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials available. Ensures adherence to project management process and project documentation standards.
• Develops project cost estimates and manages budget throughout projects. Excellent communication skills including presentations and negotiations to Senior IT and Business leaders. Demonstrated ability to craft and present clear, concise and convincing messages appropriately targeted to the specific audience . Demonstrated ability to communicate status and issues effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
• 3-5 years of previous project management experience
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Certification in project management preferred
• Knowledge of healthcare industry helpful
• Advanced knowledge of project development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working knowledge of Access
• In-depth knowledge of SQL preferred
• Working knowledge of SharePoint required
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is the 6th largest Diversity Staffing Firm in the US and a global provider of Business and IT Services, including Staff Augmentation, Managed Staffing Programs, and Solutions, with 25 consecutive years of growth. We have industry expertise in Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Energy/Utility and Retail Distribution. S3 has a domestic and international presence in 31 locations across the US and Europe (including the UK, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic). Our highly trained and experienced staff is committed to not only helping you find a job but making sure that the job is the right fit for you!