- Internships /
- Application Engineering Manager - Interconnectivity Products
Application Engineering Manager - Interconnectivity ProductsBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Applications Engineering Manager will be responsible for supporting the sales effort for kSARIA’s fiber optic and electrical cable assemblies. This position will lead a small engineering team responsible for generating cost estimates and drafting proposals for potential applications for military/ aerospace fiber optic assembly products. Exceptional communications skills, written and verbal, are a must for this position. The individual will report to the VP Technical Operations and will interface with Sales, Order Administration, Materials, and Production for support and information needed in order to achieve the goal of securing new business.
Although this is a manger role, the individual is expected to be hands-on and generate a large share of the proposals/ quotes for the business.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Drafting proposals for customer applications
· Inside customer service
o Respond to customer request for status of proposals, current orders, and shipments
· Interface with outside suppliers for specification, price, and delivery of components with support from the Materials Manager
· Management of the inside sales order process into manufacturing
· Management and tracking of proposal requests
- Proven track record as an applications engineer or manufacturing engineer
- Knowledge of fiber optic termination processes – preferred (company will train if necessary)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and quality metric driven
- US Citizenship required for US Department of Defense work.
- Exceptional working knowledge of all MS Office software products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a drawing software tool such as MS Visio, AutoCAD, Solidworks, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 yrs relevant experience
- BS in a technical discipline, minimum
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with military fiber optics and military connectors is a plus.
kSARIA offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and Disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick days
- 401 K retirement plan