- Internships /
- Asphalt Laborers
Asphalt LaborersBookmark This
Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Visit our website and download application from www.ajaxpaving.com Fax completed application or resume to 941-847-0687 or apply in person to Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC, 13350 Rickenbacker Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33913, Phone: 239-936-9444.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer / Must be drug-free and nicotine-free / Minorities & females are encouraged to apply.Background verified, pre-employment physical, nicotine & drug testing.
The laborer is responsible for the overall quality of the “handwork” on our jobs. We require that they be committed to the total Ajax team effort by contributing to the proper completion of the work as directed by the foreman.
Note: The following duties are descriptive and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Major duties include the following:
1. Maintain consistent quality, texture in handwork.
2. Maintain proper drainage of handwork areas.
3. Assure all joints are properly matched.
4. Cuts, removes and straightedges all butt joints.
5. Maintain cut off saw in safe operating condition.
6. Assure overall job drainage.
7. Assist in handwork, prep work and cleanup as directed by the foreman.
8. Keep compaction personnel informed when handwork areas are ready for compaction.
9. Performs all functions as directed by foreman or lead operator in conjunction with preparation, layout, cleaning, paving, compaction, and finishing operations.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
1. Adhere to all rules listed in the Ajax Employee Safe Practices Handbook.
2. Insure all Ajax quality standards are met.
3. Insure adherence to all federal, state, local and Ajax Safety and Environmental Rules and Regulations.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Field Environment - Work is exposed to outdoor conditions, noise and heat
2. Ability to work days, nights and weekends as required.
Ajax offers a highly competitive pay and has excellent benefits; comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k) with discretionary employer match, life insurance, voluntary supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts, health and wellness program, direct deposit, paid vacation and holidays.
Ajax Paving Industries, Inc., a family owned business, was established in 1951 in Michigan and Ajax Paving Industries of Florida, LLC was established in 1981. Our Florida Headquarters and Area 1 Construction Office are located in North Venice, FL with two additional Construction Area Offices in Tampa and Fort Myers. We employee over 400 people and have over 600 pieces of equipment. We are an award-winning, pre-qualified contractor in the highway and road construction industry. Ajax is dedicated to providing professional concrete and asphalt paving services that exceed its customers’ expectations. We supply high-quality hot mix to local paving contractors, county road crews, city crews and other state highway contractors. We own and operate seven asphalt plants on the West Coast of Florida. All of our plants are state-of-the-art with testing laboratories. The company has completed more than $10 billion of road construction for Florida DOT, counties, municipalities and private industry and Ajax is rated one of the highest asphalt paving contactors by the Florida Department of Transportation.
If you are looking for a job with a solid established company, and where safety is a priority, apply at Ajax Paving Industries to work and grow in your career!