- Internships /
- Assistant Shuttle Operations Manager
Assistant Shuttle Operations ManagerBookmark This
Local Motion Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Job Title: Assistant Shuttle Operations Manager--Newton, MA
Reporting to: Corporate Shuttle Manager/Special Events Manager
Shift: Monday through Friday, Days 8:30am -- 5:00pm
- This position will provide initial and ongoing maintenance/development of all shuttle drivers' skills relating to the safety of client passengers and safe driving practices.
- Sustains the mission and policies of LMI via communication and training of all driving professionals.
- Ensures continued skilled development as well as compliance with policies related to; certification of drivers, safe driving skills, customer service and responsiveness.
- Evaluates and interacts with the vehicle operators while in service.
- Responds to service problems including rerouting and incidents with the goal of uninterrupted service.
- Interacts and assists with passengers and clients as necessary.
- Investigates and responds to unsafe location/situation reports; makes recommendations and or changes to resolve the unsafe situation.
- Informs appropriate supervisory personnel regarding operational problems and coordinates efforts toward their resolution.
- Helps to ensure that each shuttle route is staffed appropriately.
- Covers open shuttle routes and assists drivers with customer assistance.
- Assists in urgent needs that may arise due to passengers left behind, inclement weather and vehicle issues.
- Maintains confidentially of all client and driver information.
- Conducts periodic inspections of driver's capabilities and safety standards.
- Works with management team and the client to ensure the corporate and client's mission as it relates to day to day operations.
- Communicates with Corporate Shuttle Manager of any complaints and or issues that may arise.
- Maintains accurate shuttle count records and ensures prompt administration within companies' standards.
- Assists Corporate Shuttle Manager with education to client's employees/contractors about the shuttle service.
- Maintains all shuttle service schedule brochures.
- Customize one-to-one or small group training plans to specific needs of driver(s) involved.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed, nights, weekends and Holidays based on business needs.
- Regularly required to stand and walk while on locations.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally will be required lift, pull, and stoop.
- Occasionally will be required to lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be prepared to work in a number of weather conditions such has snow, rain, and extreme heat or cold.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and flexible personality, professional and friendly demeanor.
- Strong telephone, communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer knowledge (word, excel, and outlook).
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive materials and information.
- Must be able to read, speak and have full knowledge of the English Language.
- 50% - 75% of the time will be spent in the field.