- Internships /
- Assistant Store Manager for Retail Company
Assistant Store Manager for Retail CompanyBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) provides direction and oversees the work of others in a leadership capacity. He/She assists customers in the purchase of products, develops customer connections, and maintains a positive attitude with every customer. The ASM assists the Store Manager in all operations of the store, and ensures a safe, customer-focused environment at all times. ASMs are responsible for all Store Manager duties while the Store Manager is not present. The ASM position requires a high level of initiative, communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to project a positive image of United Pacific while constantly providing courteous and friendly service to customers.
- 2-4 years of experience as a Supervisor or Team Lead at a retail store.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid, infraction-free Driver's License. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in written and oral forms is required.
- Strong capability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Be physically able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be physically able to lift, push, pull minimum of 50 lbs.
- Be able to work irregular shifts, including weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays
- Approximately 75% of work indoors (there are times when an employee will work outside for extended periods of times beyond this percentage).
- Ability to occasionally climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, and/or place or remove signage.
To be successful at United Pacific, each of us must embrace the “I Got It!”Culture. This culture influences our daily work and enhances our service commitment to our customers, vendor partners, communities, and each other. It helps define who we are today and guide us to become even better tomorrow.
The job qualifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. United Pacific is an EOE.