- Internships /
- Automation Engineer - Utilities
Automation Engineer - UtilitiesBookmark This
BioSource International Recruiters
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Automation Engineer reports to the Manager of the Automation group. The position is responsible for providing Automation Engineering support.
Specific duties include:
Specific duties include:
- Working closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, process engineering, process development, utility operations, maintenance, quality assurance, and validation to implement operational improvements
- Provide technical support to commercial and clinical manufacturing as needed, specific to process control and automation infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment, automation or process issues in the field
- Ensure optimal performance and reliability for process systems
- Develop, organize, analyze, and present results for operational issues and engineering projects of small scope and complexity
- Communicating proactively with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues and proposing solutions
- System owner responsibilities such as change control, maintenance, backup/restore and disaster recovery
- Responsible to provide on-call support coverage for night & weekends on a rotating basis
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- 2+ years' experience in manufacturing support environment, either as end-user or system integrator
- Experience with GMP Utility Systems, Packaged Equipment, and Building Automation Systems
- Experience with Tech Transfer, Process Design, and Commissioning
- Experience with validation and change control methodology
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) including detailed understanding of cGMPs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with minimum direction.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills and ability to work in a collaborative team based environment.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information
- Demonstrated ability to function within cross-functional teams and embrace a team-based culture
- Experience with lifecycle management of Automation hardware and software infrastructure
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs (SLC 5, CompactLogix, ControlLogix), Siemens S7, Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk, Andover Controls and iFix SCADA systems.