- Internships /
- Bartender / Mixologist - PT/FT
Bartender / Mixologist - PT/FTBookmark This
HAT Tavern at The Grand Summit Hotel
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Experienced full service bartender / mixologist responsible for providing warm, attentive and friendly guest service with a passion for all things food and beverage in a trendy Gastro pub atmosphere.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist in the quick and accurate execution of guest food/beverage orders
- Have full knowledge of all beverage, menu items contents and preparation methods
- Ability to create drinks/drink recipes using fresh quality ingredients based in roots of mixology
- Knowledge of European Bottle Service and formal Champagne Service
- Ensure consistency in bar presentation by utilizing appropriate stemware/glassware; polishing glassware, stocking bar supplies to par levels, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of bar at all times
- Thoroughly complete all station set-up and breakdown responsibilities
- Follow responsible alcohol service
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum1 year bartending experience in a fast-paced, upscale environment
- Minimum 1 year of cocktail mixology experience where demonstrating knowledge of exact recipes and presentation methodologies was a requirement
- Nightclub/lounge experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits, champagnes and mixed cocktails (including high-end specialty cocktails)
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal in working with high-profile clients and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs while remaining calm and courteous at all
Drug/alcohol use, violence, harassment and illegal activity of any kind are prohibited.
Competitive hourly wage with opportunity for excellent tips
Currently there are 120 employees on staff at The Grand Summit Hotel and we are always looking for qualified candidates to fill available positions. We offer a competitive benefits package including a 401(k) program. Our employees are recognized and rewarded for their hard work and initiative.
The Grand Summit Hotel is easily accessible by car or mass transportation and is located just 30 minutes from New York City. Hard-working and dedicated individuals with a commitment to service excellence are always welcome to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Screening.