- Internships /
- Before & After School Site Coordinator - Safe 'n Sound
Before & After School Site Coordinator - Safe 'n SoundBookmark This
YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
You are the “Y”.
Together, we can achieve the YMCA’s mission of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility in our communities.
We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our Safe ’n Sound team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, one school and one team member at a time. Our before- and after-school programs, based in Naperville and Aurora, are guided daily by the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility to create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships.
Whether you are pursuing a career in elementary or early-childhood education, child development, physical education or recreation, you’ll have hands-on experiences with one of the most respected programs in the western suburbs providing school-aged child care, day camp and academic enrichment.
Ensure the implementation of positive Youth Development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children. In a Site Team Lead, we are looking for committed individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, while effectively and efficiently running the overall operation of the program site.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Review and implement program curriculum while ensuring program follows DCFS and YMCA standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff while on-site.
- In case of the absence of the Program Manager, the Site Team Lead will fill in.
- Coordinate and implement program events and activities.
- Work with the program manager related to management of supplies and program enrollment to ensure all budget goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Work with teachers, principals and other staff at the school to ensure programs success.
- Maintain all program files according to DCFS and YMCA Standards.
- Ensure the implementation of Positive Youth Development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children.
- Manage all emergency situations and student behavior situations.
- Participates in marketing and retention activities.
- Assist with the on-board of new employees.
- Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Supporting the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
- Must be at 21 years of age or older.
- Must have capacity to make decisions and communicate effectively with patents and children.
- Must have proven experience working with school age children in a diverse setting.
- Must have a high school diploma and one of the following:
- 30 semester hours from an accredited college or university with12 semester hours related to school age child care, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or other related fields. In addition, 750 hours of professional experience in recreational program or licensed day care center serving school age children (K-5th) or a license exempt school age child care program operated by a private or public school.
- 6 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university related to school age child care, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or other related fields. In addition, 1560 hours of professional experience in recreational program or a licensed day care center serving school-age children or a license exempt school-age child care (K-5th) program operated by a private or public school.
Believing that people deserve the best, YMCAs offer competitive wage and benefits, including:
- Free YMCA Membership! Accepted at 23 sites across Chicago-land.
- Opportunity to work for a leading organization in Youth Development nationally and internationally.
- Professional development opportunities, including on the job training and on-line/classroom blended training.
- Engagement in curriculum development to include the areas of Science, Reading, and Health and Wellness.
- A place where you belong and are part of a team who thrive in a values based environment of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Child Care Discount may apply!
What We Do
The Y makes accessible the support and opportunities that empower people and communities to learn, grow and thrive. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of every youth and teen, improves the nation's health and well-being and provides opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
How We Do It
There is no other nonprofit quite like the Y. That's because, in neighborhoods across Chicagoland, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
The Y is community centered. For more than 150 years, we've been listening and responding to our communities.
The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
The Y mobilizes local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities. Every day our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good. YMCA of Metro Chicago includes 23 Chicagoland locations and over 5,000 employees. Y Meto is a great opportunity to join a large network! Join our team today by applying online at www.ymcachicago.org