- Internships /
- Bi-Lingual Certified Medical Assistant ( Local Candidates Only)
Bi-Lingual Certified Medical Assistant ( Local Candidates Only)Bookmark This
Greater Prince William Community Health Center
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Certified Medical Assistant supports the medical providers with patient care by preparing patients to be seen by the medical provider by bringing the patient to an exam room, taking vitals, and collecting the patient’s health history. The Certified Medical Assistant helps with the administrative aspects of patient care, as well, through maintaining patient documents in the Electronic Medical Records software and other duties as assigned. This person always maintains professionalism when providing care and delivers care in a culturally competent manner. This person collaborates with other medical personnel, including members of the other practices, to complete his or her work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions for this position:
- Prepares patients for the appointment by bringing them to an exam room, recording the patient’s medical history, taking vitals, etc. Ensures all paperwork before, during, and after the patient’s visit is correctly handled and filed to enable proper billing.
- Assists with patient care as directed by the medical provider. Accurately translates to facilitate medical provider/patient communication when appropriate.
- Administers injections, such as vaccines, as directed by a medical provider and in accordance with protocols.
- Maintains an accurate knowledge of all procedures offered and the components of the Certified Medical Assistant’s role in each. Participates in all staff trainings regarding new procedures and services.
- Prepares exam rooms for patient treatment as per protocols. Maintains/cleans all exam rooms in compliance with protocols and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Maintains patient records in the electronic medical records system, monitors patient flow, and assists the medical providers in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and entered into the electronic medical records system.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business and patient care. Follows-up on these call promptly and directs calls to the appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Participates in appropriate health promotion/disease prevention activities and outreach efforts, both on-site and off-site as required.
- Performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates clinical competence by correctly performing required skills to include suture and staple removal, injections, urinary catheterization, blood and urine samples, and other skills associated with licensed practical nursing.
- Monitors medical supplies to ensure that the department has the appropriate materials to provide efficient and effective service and orders as requested.
- Ensures completion of documentation and closure of notes on nurse schedule.
- Triages patients for acuity assessment in person and by phone.
- Telephones prescription orders for the provider as requested; obtains prescription signature.
- Coordinates any test scheduling and appointments between patients and other departments and/or medical care providers.
- Maintains awareness of licensure status and seeks opportunities to fulfill educational requirements; maintains clinical and professional competency according to policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Assists with processing Pharmacy Assistance Program medications and preparing prescriptions for patient pick-up.
- Performs quality control of Point-of-Care testing materials and laboratory functions.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma Required. College Degree Preferred.
- 3 Years Clinical Experience As A Certified Medical Assistant.
- Medical Assistant Diploma/Certificate
- Fluency in Spanish required.