- Internships /
- Business Development Officer - Boston
Business Development Officer - BostonBookmark This
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Overview: The Business Development Officer is responsible for developing new business relationships within the Northeast Region for several lines of business with a primary focus on Technology Banking. The position is responsible for attaining established individual, division and corporate goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with referral sources (external and internal) within assigned market.
- Develops and maintains sales and marketing plan targeted at technology firms and referral sources in conjunction with division objectives.
- Calls on prospects, clients and referral sources to expand account relationships and develop targeted business relationships.
- Accountable for developing and administering plans to meet budget goals and performance standards set by management.
- Works with colleagues to analyze credit worthiness, structures and negotiates loan transactions, prepares loan proposals and assists in presenting credits to the loan committee for approval.
- Consistently applies good decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals, requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures.
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank's products and services.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Shares regional team responsivity for maintaining relationships with the entrepreneurial community.
- Projects a positive image of the Bank in the market.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) or equivalent from a four (4) year college or university and minimum of ten (10) years or more related experience in technology and commercial banking.
- Advanced knowledge of Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank's products and services.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to develop marketing and business development plans to increase lines of business.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.