- Internships /
- Business Management Tax Accountant
Business Management Tax AccountantBookmark This
Chapman, Bird & Tessler, Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are currently seeking a staff accountant with tax experience for our firm. This is a full-time position with the hours 9am to 6pm, some overtime occasionally or seasonally. Salary is negotiable and it is competitive based on experience.
Job Requirements include but are not limited to:
Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills. Must be able to efficiently use common accounting and office software including Excel, Outlook, Word, tax planning and preparation software (ProSystems preferred). Must be resourceful, able to multi-task, and able to work relatively independently to fulfill assigned duties and achieve goals.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
Under general direction from Supervisor, performs various accounting and tax compliance projects primarily involving financial management for high net worth and entertainment/music industry clients. Assists in ensuring quality business management services are provided to clients through the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the course of day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, application of company policies & procedures, research, supervision of comprehensive bookkeeping and record keeping practices, professional & courteous communication skills, and technical guidance for bookkeeping or other accounting staff.
• Unwavering commitment to personal integrity, able to maintain strict confidentiality
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or taxation
• California CPA license preferred
• Minimum 2-4 years’ experience including tax planning and compliance (primarily U.S.) for individuals, S-corp’s, partnerships, trusts (and other closely held entities)
• Experience with International tax issues preferred
• Involvement in compilations, reviews, audits
• Experience with financial statement preparation and cash management skills
Interested candidates MUST submit:
• Salary history with salary requirements
Additionally, all qualified candidates must complete testing for consideration.